Yepp, I said it.. laundry. We ALL love laundry!
Does laundry seem to take control of your life and you just don’t know how to keep up?
Whether you live alone, or have 7 children, laundry can be an issue in any household. I can HELP you find a solution to that!! Follow these 5 simple steps and you won’t ever have to look at piles of laundry around your home, again!!
Step 1: SORT! Stop putting everyones laundry into the same basket. Have one basket for every person in the home. Pretend towels and linens are people too!
Step 2: CHOOSE a day for each person. Create a SCHEDULE. Example:
Benjamin Mon. Kailie Wed. Mom Fri. Linens/towels Sat morning. Dad Sunday morn.
- Sit down and write out a typical week. Find the times in your day that you can fit laundry into your schedule! If you think laundry takes hours upon hours, think again.
- TIME yourself doing a typical load of laundry from start to finish. (Wash, Dry, Fold, Put away)
- When you have a sense of how long it takes to do certain tasks, you’re more likely to get them done more routinely.
Step 3: Get your family members to HELP YOU! (WASH) & (DRY)
- Are your kids old enough to do laundry? YES? Great, teach them. It’s important to teach your children responsibility, independence, and life skills!
- Side note: Even if you have young children, they can help too! My son is only 2 and he loves helping with laundry! He claps his hands and says, “yay mommy, I did it!!!”
Step 4: (FOLD) laundry right out of the dryer!
- Why? This will reduce the likely hood of you having piles of laundry around the house
- It will also reduce the wrinkles in your clothes!
Step 5: (PUT AWAY)
- When putting your clothes away, categorize them!
- Put work clothes, casual, workout, and comfy clothes in separated sections whether it be in your closet or drawers. When there is a place for everything, it will save you an abundance of time in the future.
- Do you have little kids? PRE-MAKE outfits!!!! Pair together clothes that you would typically use to make an outfit. Pants, shirt, sweater.
- In the morning, allow your little one to choose between 2 outfits. Let them choose their socks and underwear too!
- Wash smaller loads
- Do laundry more often
- ***FOLD OUT OF DRYER. Put away RIGHT AWAY!***
- Re-wear clothes
- Stop buying new clothes!!! If you buy a new pair of pants, get rid of an old pair!
- Stick to 1-2 towels per week
- Buying matching socks i.e no fancy patterns!Result: Spend less matching your socks!
- Go through your wardrobe quarterly